Senators and Representatives:
We are physicians, pharmacists, social workers and other health care professionals who practice at Ryan White clinics. We are writing to express our support for the 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B Program) because of the critical role it plays in supporting the availability of HIV care and support services in communities across the country, and the program’s importance to the Administration’s “End the HIV Epidemic” initiative. As healthcare professionals on the front line of caring for individuals living with HIV/AIDS, we see firsthand how the 340B Program allows Ryan White clinics to stretch scarce resources to serve more patients and to provide more services.
People living with HIV need a wide range of services – including expert medical care, care coordination, medications to treat HIV and other co-occurring conditions, substance use and mental health treatment, housing and food and nutrition – many of which are not covered by insurance or available within the community except through Ryan White Clinics. The need for these services can vary from community to community and from patient to patient but these services, along with reliable access to HIV medications, are critical to helping people living with HIV achieve and sustain suppression of the virus so that they can stay healthy and not transmit the virus.
The 340B Program not only frees up resources and generates revenue to pay for these services; it gives Ryan White clinics the flexibility they need to tailor the services to the specific needs of their communities. In short, the 340B Program is vitally important for ending HIV as an epidemic in the U.S. Please stand with us to preserve and protect the 340B Program.
* Note that affiliations are listed only for identification purposes, not to suggest institutional support for this letter.
* We will not use this list for any marketing purposes and signing the petition does not authorize RWC-340B to use or portray that support as an endorsement by your organization/employer.
- Sign-on today by clicking HERE.
COVID-19 Related Issues
- Letter to HHS Secretary Becerra Regarding Urgent Request To Allow All Ryan White Clinics To Fully Engage In COVID-19 Relief Efforts (April 2021)
- Letter to HRSA Regarding Patient Definition and Telehealth Policies (September 2020)
- Statement: White House Executive Orders Undermine 340B (July 2020)
- Waiver Request to Allow Ryan White Clinics to Use Program Income During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (April 2020)